Saturday, December 23, 2006

[32] Santa claus is an akyat bahay




[32]



Santa claus is an Akyat-bahay


Who of all people in my age do believe in the flabby huge white-bearded man in a frivolous red get-up?? I believed in Sta. Claus! That is, I BELIEVED, with a capital D, I believed that though not necessarily within a damp dusty mucky chimney, he dropped by our house gifts. I believed that Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer led the other bunch of his kind to drive the sleigh at Christmas eve defying all laws of gravity. I believed that Santa was the kindest of the kind. To the religious and devout, please do not be mistaken: this is not my Apostles's Creed!


As a sixteen year-old juvenile, I wish that until these bright-lighted ages of technology, that a common myth still would diffuse over my state during Christmas. We have no chimneys at home, but i knew that there was a real Santa, though physiologically with such waistline, it was all a joke against him. And as I matured, I had spanked all kinds of bedtime myths and believe me, it has become soooo boring. Giving gifts, alright has offered such delight but being in the atmosphere of an excited credulous brat is a treasure. Hear I go again, I just don't wanna grow old and up. People described me in HS as" a puerile boy who thinks he has no problems inlife, but in reality the only problem is he himself?" I have relinquished the thought of it now, and as I see my pamangkins rejoice as every night the christmas tree is lit up as if they just solved a homicidal Trigonometry question. I miss being a kid. I sound quirky, aint I?


I miss Carols. Carols are fantastic. You sing in front of people's houses where in fact, you are wailing, yowling, caterwauling. People deliberately give you money because they are practically on their way to self-deetruct of hearing your unrythmical rhythm. In my acquisition of a venearrated voice box, back in HS, I usually with Jc, Jep, Kat, Iris, etcetera carolled along Vigan and enjoyed the satisfaction of sheer p100 more or less each.


Waiting constantly til that second hand tic tacs on the number 12 along with fireworks outside, I remain awake to give worthy SMS replies to those who actually remember. This Christmas, i create an advisrory against chain text messages which only make no sense and build intrigues on the gullibly stupid. People. Please. Utang na Loob.

Christmas is not a 24-hour coverage; its countdown starts 100 days before[that's my bday1]. Its exaggerated. Embelished. But what can we do, we're Pinoys! Haven't you heard of TULOY NA TULOY PA RIN ANG PASKO??

Kahit na anong mangyari
ang pag-ibig sana ay maghari
sapat nang si Jesus ang kasam mo!
Tuloy na tuloy pa rin ang Pasko!







Happy Holidays!!!

No comments: