Wednesday, December 20, 2006

[31] The Oblation Rush

[31]

The Oblation Rush


Apparently, I didn't study in UP to get the chance of evolving into a humdrum nerd who will swim in the pool of numerical figures, historical events, and scientific terms. I studied here to have a taste of things new ro moi.

December 15. The Oblation Run. Or should I say, "The Much Awaited, Titillating, Galvanizing Parade of Masked Nude Frat Boys Especially For Innocent-looking Girls." NOTE: A couple of days before, I was sinking in the thought of Prof. Griplado's message, " Go there[oblation run], be part of tradition!" Like who graduates without having been in attendance of the event in his/her four years in Peyups, huh? Well, anyway I was there with a bunch of orgmates a quarter to 12. Exactly Twelve PM, or so I thought, the AS crowds began to shriek and scream as the 'runners' scampered holding roses fairly given to women near the 'running aisle'. I actually didn't see any 'thing' because I know how the 'thing' looks like already coz I have the 'thing' since birth. I just ended up bursting in laughter for my blockmate/orgmate a meter away from me was screeching, almost clamoring, "Wala akong makita, nakakainis! Ano ba yan! Puro buhok!" and everytime I remember her in that situation, O simply giggle.


Then it was over. As the hordes composed of both satisfied and unsatisfied people and the press retreated, Ephy just came and had seen nothing thanks to urban traffic in Commonwealth. He asked me playfully, "Ano? Nanood ka for comparison and contrarst?!" and we both laughed naughtily.


A rally against tution fee increease was expected after, and for the first time, I JOINED. I was with Shen and Steph, and I knew then that that day was gonna be more memorable than my first communion. Though the sun was blazing hot hot hot, the umbrella was the only hope we've got against sunburn, for Shen who must have been a sundial in her past life knew exactly where the ultraviolet rays of the sunwould shine unto. The protest was a unity! I don't know, I thought that rallies and protests were just some sorts of misusing one's larynx and getting skin cancer. But the moment I stepped in, though not with the shouting stuff, I realized that I was fighting once and for all.


Messing around occured when we took crazy pics in Quezon Hall.

The idea was that I was there, and I was part of history.

No comments: