Saturday, June 16, 2007

[62] Spewing Factory Exhausts


[62]

Spewing Factory Exhausts

In our first day in BC100 class, as we introduced ourselves individually, this actual conversation is worth remembering:

BARRY: Hello Sir. I’m Barry Cyrus Viloria, a sophomore taking up Journalism. I studied in St. Paul College of Ilocos Sur from grade school to high school. I have these two orgs: UP-MCO and DZUP Radio Circle. And I’m single. *smile

SIR AVECILLA: You’re courting somebody?

BARRY: Sir, last year I messed up in my grades so I guess, I won’t be courting someone for this semester. I’m going to focus more on my academics.

SIR AVECILLA: Why is that? Seasonal ba yang panliligaw mo?

(Everybody in the class laughed.)

____________________________


Classes has started vaguely as UP students especially in the College of Mass Communication invigoratingly walk around the university to, umm, enroll. I notice most of the freshmen who must have been born out of questionable definition of the word ‘luck’ for having been in the finest school in the entire archipelago however among the pioneer batch who pays a whopping 300% increase in the tuition from last year’s.

Anyway, I finished my enrollment in 2 days and here’s my schedule below.

MON
8:30-11:30 FILM100/ Introduction to Film and Audio Visual Communication


TUES
8:30-10:00 ART STUD2/ Art in Everyday Life
11:00-1:00 JOURN100/ Introduction to Journalism

1:00-2:30 COMM3/ Speech Communication


WED
No classes.

THURS
1:00-4:00 BC100/Intoduction to Broadcast Communication


FRI
ART STUD2
COMM3

SAT
1:00-4:00 COMM100/Introduction to Mass Communication

To my High School friends: I guess I won’t be seeing you around too often. As I put it, I will focus almost all my time in my academics (but relax, I will not try to race over Mikaela Fudolig! That’s very impossible! Hah!)

To my K6 block-mates: Congratulations to the shifters who made it into their respective courses! We’re block-mates (for life!) though your colleges are geographically far from CMC. Hahahaha.
Shen, Economics.
Jau, Economics.
Mics, Business Administration.
Krisna, Business Economics.
Shereen, Anthropology.
GOOD LUCK on your future careers!


To the Freshies: Enjoy your 15 units!

To God (eek!): I need your help. I’m sorry of I was born stupid. Hahaha. Again, good luck to all of us!


3 comments:

ANDREO C. CALONZO said...

whoah.

blogspotter ka rin pala.

nice blog. I enjoyed it.

brave soul to get Avecilla. ;p

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Barry said...

Rodrigo, im so sorry but I can't understand your language. hahahah.