Monday, June 04, 2007

[58] Juni Sings IF

[58]

Juni sings IF

Vying deliriously for the Ms. Universe 2012 title is a close High School friend of mine, Jennifer Tabangcura.

Last May 25th, she celebrated her debut party in La Huerta Garden, Sto. Domingo, Ilocos Sur with all the members of her family, church (she’s that religious Christian whom you will feel grave guilt upon telling her a green joke!) and of course, friends. I and Katrina were the Masters of the Ceremony.

With Katrina; we're the Emcee.

Back in HS, I baptized her JUNI with an unremembered reason. From then on, all of us including her were at least comfortable with such. Juni has been a gentle creature all her life. She’s a great singer. She’s down-to-earth. She’s intelligent. What more could you ask for?

Well, to break her modest aura, here are just some (stupid, silly, droll, though witty) questions I asked Juni days after her birthday:

If you were to change a body part in you, what would that be? Why?
JUNI: “Your first question trembles me! My body size (laughs!) of course, to erase DIET in my list of serious problems!” (Here’s a trivia, Juni has always chanted, “Lord, why can’t I slim down?! Huhu”)

If you were to become an animal, what would you be? Why?
JUNI: “Hmmm... I would like to be a butterfly, small but terrible, beautiful in time.”

If later you actually learn that your third eye is open, and ghosts have been staying in your room, what would you do?
JUNI: “I’ll cast them out in Jesus’ name (ugh, Juni what an answer!). But I think the situation is pretty impossible, the ghosts will surely be afraid of me!”

If you were to run for senatorial candidacy in the near future, what would be your platform to win people’s votes?
JUNI: “Well, I would promote projects that would prioritize the poor (there goes the Ms. Universe answer!). I’ll campaign projects that would help the students. And many more. Anyway, I have no plans of being a politician.”

If you were to willingly become a sexy star in a cheap Pinoy flick, what would be your screen name? And who would you wish to be your leading man?
JUNI: “Juni! What else?! (laughs!) Leading man, hmmm... Piolo.” (Holy eewness. I’m throwing up.)

If your voice wasn’t as heaven-sent, what talent should you have by now?
JUNI: “Dancing, drawing, sketching, designing!”

At 18, what are your strongest and weakest points?
JUNI: "I'm more confident now to stand on my own, not anymore afraid to be independent 'coz I believe in the real ME. And on the other hand, I still have many things I wanna do. But there are tempations ahead. Basta."

If you would die tomorrow, what would you in your remaining 24 hours on Earth?
JUNI: “I’ll spend the day with people close to my heart. I wanna show and tell them how special they were to me. Finally, I’ll pray for the whole world.” (Has she had any idea that she was talking to me and not to a priest?)

Anyway, we all love you Juni! Belated Happy Birthday!

***This is my first attempt as a journalist-wannabe, on interviewing a sought after persona (Juni, you must be titillating right now, yikes!).

Joshua/Jowa goofing around in the debutante's tarp.


High School friends: (from left) me, Kathie, Mariefer, Ralph, Iris, Angeli and Katrina
(MORE photos in elie' multiply)




No comments: