Thursday, May 17, 2007

[54] Oppose!


[54]
Oppose!


Looking back in the latest partial unofficial results, it is obvious that most of them appear from the Genuine Opposition my smile is reaching on both ears! This is a sensitive sign that the Filipino people have not yet forgotten about Gloria’s action of getting the votes ‘well-guarded’ by daft commissioner Garcillano, in which the law reprimands it as a violation. “Hello, Garci?!” (Watch: ‘At all Cost’ a documentary, my groupmates told me.)

Of course, the Team Unity holds a very engaging platform. Unity. Unite and be prosperous! It would seem very unintelligent to protest in the streets often against the government than helping for the economy to thrive── this is what they’re promoting. Naturally, no human would want war instead of peace; no nonviolent Filipino would pick the choice of being congested in the urban traffic because of rallies. Well come on, you guys have a serious gap in your information load and social responsiveness.

Rallies look very barbaric to the elitists; wasting time and money, not to mention abusing the vocal powers, indulging to body malodor and helping in your melanin proliferation. But did you not know that when a certain socio-civic group would want their concerns to be studied and supported by the government, their typewritten complaints are dumped and shelved so effortlessly? To this, the group members gather into a mass and raise their plaque cards yelling at the top of their lungs just for the government to hear their clamors, literally.

I chose many of the GO candidates because they know how to OPPOSE. To oppose is to fight, to resist and to contest of what you know is true. I am not a leftist like what you’re thinking but my philosophies cater to the general public. (When you tell someone you’re from UP, they say that you’re a demonstrator.) But please, you won’t see me in the pedestrian yelling with a plaque card. My time and laziness forbid me.

I have been immersed in a squatters’ area in Sampaloc lately in my NSTP-CWTS and I’ve heard many have not gone to the precincts because they themselves lack hope in their votes and lack trust in the candidates.

For the Team Unity creeps, GO unite yourselves!

P.S. Ralph Recto’s ad saying that the E-Vat has done so many (at least favorable) things in the country is an absolute lie. Puh-leez. Who actually are gaining so much from it? The rich people! Well, it does not reflect in the needy.

Prospero Pichay’s latest ad (God, he has thousands of ads) with a line, “Sama sama nating itanim ang ating tagumpay!” turns my stomach! He’s so self-assured! Though, he has my sympathies. Kawawa naman siya.



It recalls me of my first and last rally back in December '06. The NO TO TOFI campaign.

Here with blockmate Shen.

No comments: