Tuesday, May 01, 2007

[48] The Angel Wears Prada

[48]

The Angel Wears Prada

I have no idea if Angel Locsin does wear Prada. Let's not go into that anyway.

Last Sunday in SOP, she was given the usual birthday tribute: a singing session (with Trillo and Gutierrez), video greetings from links, slide show of her show-business development, cakes and candles, and of course, a life-size bouquet. Do not naysay when I say she’s god-damn divine. Perhaps, she may be the synonym of the word "beautiful".

I first saw her on the Saturday teenybopper show, Click, in where she plays a amiable yet tomboyish girl-next-door role and had Bryan Revilla as her partner (calm down, I know it’s veryyy inappropriate). She was Charlie, from Charlotte. I know then that I liked her.

She was seen later as the goody-goody heroine. She was an aerial (literally) feathery woman in Mulawin; a gawked at with in red skimpy two piece superhero in Darna; a charming magician in Majika; and now as the adventurous daredevil in Asian Treasures. She has indeed done a lot of shows that people would conclude that she’s already nakakasuya. I do not question that, of course. But hey, what can your Bea Alonzo do? Can your Kristine Hermosa tumble and do martial arts? Your Claudine Barretto is not so cool now, you know. Excuse me for that. Insulting your ‘idols’, I don’t intend.

In a way, her movies caused my allowance to plummet down. I watched TXT last October and remarked, "Ang ganda!" Then last Christmas, I watched Mano Po 5 and cried out, "Ang ganda talaga!" Before we go further, a little reminder: I'm not yet that mad so relax!

Her asset that made me go wild was her ---eyes! If you would examine further, you would exclaim that hers was so oriental. So lovely. For now, you just can't take my admiration (almost addiction) off her. Eek!

No comments: