Tuesday, May 01, 2007

[47] The Friend, the Fool and the F*cker

[47]

The Friend, the Fool and the F*cker

Under quasi-scrutiny, I have seemed to undergo a phase of knowing some friends better and in the end--- firmly segregating them from my bin of 'real' friends. Many of which are esoteric and insular leading to being what people call, ostentatious. In Tagalog, plastik. Worry not; I would not resort to shoving you. I am civilized and I know what I’m doing. I would not name you guys. I would not publicize your reprehensible doings.

Still, I do not plunk myself in the chart or the pedestal of "The World's Greatest Friend" for I too become at some remorseful times plastik. That is when you bedevil and backstab me, and of course when you do the same to my true and beloved friends. I think, for some, I am a good actor; to that, I know well how to act as if I am a ‘friend’ to you. Beware.

I am not angry. Or I am just writing down my angst. I am anxious. And I am getting cynical of my social life. That I would spill my trust unto people and in the end, getting close-to-betrayed.

There you go. I just do not know why they have done these to me. I have considered them as important to me back then. I am rankled.

In the title, I refer 'the friend' to those people who still continue to be, well, my friends. I know them well and I thank you. 'The fool' is of course me with an unobvious reason (take that, if you’re an airhead.) Meanwhile, 'the f*cker is of course the sort of the people I mentioned. But still, I am not emasculated. I am strong, and since these people are out of my life, lest they know, I am back and cheerful again. I wish them luck. Bad luck.

PS. Just as I typed this, I was watching SOP featuring Angel Locsin's birthday tribute. I can not help but to ease myself. My trouble was somehow deferred.

No comments: