Tuesday, April 24, 2007

[45] My Cousin's Wedding


[45]
My Cousin's Wedding




I would think that marriage is much like jumping out from a flying plane without a geared up parachute on your back. It’s an ambivalent mode of fear and trepidation, as well as excitement and thrill that you're holding hands with the one you chose to grow old with. Getting married is a hard decision: you leave or limit all your bad habits like barkada outings, inumans, computer games, and etcetera, for one human who has an anatomy greatly different from yours, and practically brings out the Cornyology in you. Hey, I’m single.

Manang (Ilocanos actually use the term "manang" for politeness, as for "ate" in the Tagalog, to women older than ours) Julette was a jovial first cousin of mine, so much like a sister, who just came back in the Philippines after 2 years of nursing work in the Bahamas to renovate their house--- and to marry.

Sir Glenn, in my knowledge, was a nursing professor in St. Paul, College Department, Ilocos Sur; I saw him do theatre for 2 consecutive years namely "Annie" and "Sound of Music" (in which I was a performer too).

I did not know for a while that these people-one I know my entire life, and the other from school-reaped fame -were
on.

Just last Saturday, their close-to-majestic marriage took place in Bantay Parish Church (or is it Cathedral?) with a motif of leafy green and Father Paderes as the celebrant, at 3 PM that I willingly absented myself for Friday in my NSTP-CWTS. It was a mass assembly of SPCIS nuns and teachers from the well-known, infamous to the unknown. Before that, I was handpicked by the bride to take pictures from her digital camera being a photographer. I thought of it as my photojournalistic career debut and it actually stimulated me! But with such disappointment, I ended up missing the "you may kiss the bride" portion. (All together now) STUPID BARRY!


After the sacrament, we proceeded to the St. Paul Atrium as the venue of the reception. I guess it was a little family reunion that all my relatives bring together to project support and bliss for the newly-wed couple. The family members either form Manila or somewhere else sprouted out. The weather cooperated not as well as Margaux's (my niece) mood and the microphone of the host too. Though, I had so much fun indeed that I had never regretted that one tally mark in my attendance in class. Besides, this can be the last reunion. I just hope not.



The Reintegrado clan and some relatives. As you can see, I was informal. Gee, I was a photographer; I can't run around and taking pictures in barong or long-sleeves or whatever.



Bantay Church (or is it Cathedral?)
It's located strategically in a hilltop. It's pretty cool here.









No comments: